Fradswell Village Hall
'A vibrant community hub at the heart of Fradswell, providing local opportunities to meet, socialise, learn, share & shop,
A model for rural community engagement'
We want to provide opportunities, facilities and services within the community to reduce isolation and the need to travel.
Our community has been here for generations. In all we do we strive to ensure it is here for generations to come.
We want to engage every part of our community, recognising the threat of rural isolation, especially being aware of the need to involve the young and the elderly.
We aim to provide opportunities that truly enable people, through teaching new skills and encouraging enterprise
Whatever we seek to do in the future we should always be proud of and embrace our tradition
Fradwell was first mentioned as part of the Colwich parish in the Domesday Book, where it is listed as Frodawelle or Frodeswelle, and it is likely to have been an Anglian settlement established during the Dark Ages.
The village received a church of its own in the 13th century, when the Chapel of Saint James The Less was established. The chancel survives, but the main part of the church was rebuilt in 1764. Fradswell became a parish in its own right in February 1851 (it has since become the Milwich with Fradswell Parish), and further refurbishment, including the building of a new nave and the installation of stained glass by William Wailes, followed soon after.
St James the Less, Fradswell
On considering the guidance issued by the Government, the Church of England has suspended all Church services until further notice.
for current info on weddings, baptisms and funerals.
There will be no further services at St James the Less until further notice.
Please pass this message on to anyone who does not have access to the internet.
For photographs and video kindly provided by Paul Sumner and Sarah Emery of Bishop Michael's walk and other special occasions at
St. James the Less please click below: